Long time no speak.
So here’s a cookie (BISCUIT BISCUIT BISCUIT) recipe from Nigella Lawson’s website, which I understand to be a ‘community recipe’, and thus not by the lady herself. Nevertheless, these tasty treats are so delicious that you’d enter into a battle to the death with your own mother just to have the last one.
Taken from the website:
50g soft light brown sugar
50g caster sugar
50g unsalted butter (soft)
1 medium egg
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
200g peanut butter crunchy
100g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 170.
2. Measure out and combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
3. Cream together the butter and sugars until mixed
4. Add in the egg, vanilla, honey and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. The batter is quite thick, you’ll know it’s mixed well when your arm starts to hurt!
6. Using generous rounded tablespoon fulls, place into roughly circular shapes on a baking tray. (You should get 12 exactly)
7. Put into the center of the oven for 10-12 minutes. 10 minutes will give you a slight crunch on the outside and a velvety smooth inside. If you prefer a crunchier cookie, do 12 minutes but no more.
That’s all there is to it. Please send them to me once they are done and I’ll give you a mark out of ten. Anything under nine and you will be required to retake the test.